In Elberton, Georgia lies 119 tons of granite arranged like a modern Stonehenge. Points mark the position of the sun and the stones are orientated with one pointing in each direction. A capstone connects the stones 19 feet above. The stones are engraved with ten commandments in eight different languages. These commandments are as follows:
- Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
- Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
- Unite humanity with a living new language.
- Rule Passion – Faith – Tradition – and all things with tempered reason.
- Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
- Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
- Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
- Balance personal rights with social duties.
- Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.
- Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.
In June 1979 a man walked into the Elberton Granite Company for quotes to build a large monument to the conservation of humanity. He identified himself as Mr. R. C. Christian and said that he represented a small group of Americans who wished to remain anonymous…